Are you looking for the best vacuum cleaner? You’ve come to the right place! Whereas most vacuum cleaner websites focus on what to look for in the best vacuums, we’ve gone the extra mile to provide you with the information that you really want; the best vacuum cleaners by type, category and features.
Tips and guides on choosing the best vacuum for your money is all well and good (in fact you’ll find such a guide below), but what you really need to know is the brand and model that is best for your specific needs.
For this reason we have developed a system for our site visitors to provide vacuum cleaner reviews and ratings which are then divided by vacuum cleaner type, model, dirt capture method and effectiveness in certain cleaning situations (pet hair and hard floor vacuuming).
How to Choose the Best Rated Vacuum Cleaner?
Without proper research, finding out which vacuum cleaners are the best can be a difficult task. Certain vacuums suit certain situations, such as floor type, whether you have pets, whether you need a handheld or lightweight vacuum, and so-on.
The best vacuum to buy might not come down to one particular brand either, as the models of vacuum cleaners sometimes specialize in certain areas. Some models are ideal for pet hair for example.
There are many types of vacuum cleaner – upright, canister, stick, cordless, handheld, bagless, lightweight, robotic and more! Each vacuum has different features. Most importantly, they have very different prices.
But the two most common types of vacuum cleaner are canister and upright, but this isn’t to say they are the ideal vacuum for you. Some of the backpack cleaners for example might be better for you if you need a vacuum for commercial purposes.
As a general rule there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Brand – Some of the more well-known brands like Kirby, Rainbow and Dyson are popular because they are generally efficient and reliable. There are exceptions, but you’ll often find the same vacuum brands being recommended from different sources.
- Usage – Where is the main usage for your vacuum cleaner? Do you need a portable vacuum for your car, lightweight vacuum for carrying around the home, or upright model for cleaning the living room, kitchen and other rooms around the house? Also consider the various surfaces of these rooms.
- Consumer opinions – Which vacuum cleaners do your friends and neighbours use? If they recommend the brand and model it might also be ideal for your home. Also remember to check our reviews and ratings for ideas.
- Budget – Vacuum cleaners are available at various prices. Don’t fall for sales talk and buy something you can’t afford, but also don’t buy a cheap vacuum cleaner that will probably not live up to expectations after intensive use.
- Versatile – Does it work well on most surfaces? Both floor and carpet?
- Bagged or Bagless – Is the bagless models prefer choice since it’s no bag to buy? Read this article for more details.
- Strong Suction Power – Can it trap dust/debris/hair with single run through?
- Lightweight – Is it heavy? If yes, it may be difficult to lug around. Most people will prefer the lightweight cleaner as it’s easy to move around.
- Long Cord Length – The longer, the better. That way, you can reach more areas in your home without having to plug/unplug in different power sockets. Some vacuum types also come with cordless models that you can consider!
- Easy to Store – Bulky vacuum cleaners are hard to store and they take up a lot of useful space.
Choosing a Vacuum Cleaner Type
As mentioned earlier, different types or categories of vacuum cleaners are best in certain situations. However, for cleaning around the home you’ll likely consider upright, canister or central cleaners.
Canister vac models are often recognized for having greater suction power than the upright type, and are also good at reaching in to corners and around furniture.
Central vacuums are pretty new additions in the cleaning industry. They are relatively quiet in operation when compared to other vacuums, and have a high standard when it comes to cleaning capabilities. Central cleaners are particularly useful if you have a large home to clean.
If you want to clean the home without much physical effort, Roomba vacuum cleaners are improving in efficiency. These robotic vacuums can work automatically by using sensors to detect furniture and vacuuming as they move.
You can find any type of vacuum cleaner to be the best depending on where and how you need to use it. The link to the “Best Vacuum Cleaner” page above will help you more than any tips or article guide can. (Wangian dexandra)
What Else Influences Which Is The Best Vacuum Cleaner?
One of the most common requests is for the vacuum cleaner to be able to pick up pet hair. Vacuums with HEPA filtration like Panasonic and Dyson are great at efficient cleaning, and are beneficial to allergy sufferers. You’ll also find some models come with nozzles and brushes specific for removing dog and cat hair.
The attachments for the vacuum may play a big part in your decision process. Typical vacuums are difficult to manoeuvre around furniture and in to tight corners, so the average user will need a good selection of attachments. Also, new models such as the Dyson Ball are improving the ease at which the vacuum cleaner can be pushed back and forth.
Other factors to bear in mind include the power of the motor, noise, length of the cord, and dirt collection type. Choosing the best home vacuum cleaner will come down to a combination of all of these things, but our reviews, ratings and recommendations will certainly give you a helping hand when deciding which to buy.
Best Vacuums By Type
- Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner – Bagless and comes with HEPA filter. Reach those difficult areas!
- Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Good suction power and produces cleaner air after vacuuming.
- Best Handheld Vacuum for Under $30– Best vacuum cleaner for pet owners! Get rid of those pet hair in no time.
- Vacuum Cleaner Best Buy – Lightweight and efficient vacuum for affordable price. For tight budgets!
- Best Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet – Must have for carpet owners. Results are as good as sending to professional cleaners.
- Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner – Best for those who want to sit back and let the vacuum work on its own.